Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 38!!

Gracie has gone 38 days without getting sick! That's a record. She has never gone more than 22 days. We are all stunned and amazed. I am thankful for every day she is healthy, because it gives her that much more of a chance to grow and get healthy.

I have to be honest though. This living in limbo; not knowing what she is going to do; wondering, "will it be today? tomorrow? will I be able to have that meeting I've scheduled at my house? will we enjoy our trip to Medford?" The questions keep going. It's hard not knowing. I look at other peoples blogs of them enjoying their newest little additions to their home and wonder what it would feel like to not worry every time she complains about her tummy hurting, or wonder if the bad behavior she is exhibiting today is because she is getting ready to get sick. Sometimes I hesitate to discipline her because I'm not sure if she is just acting up because she is feeling bad. It can be challenging.

I'm hoping that her cycle is longer because she is starting to grow out of this thing, but it's hard to know. She is on some medicine that may be helping called bi-carbonate and L-carnitine.

That's all for now...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm praising God with you that she's gone so long! I'm also praying that this is a sign of good things to come! May God continue to sustain you!
Kristi

Our Journey said...

Joyce,

I'm praying right now that this "healthy cycle" continues! I was looking @ the pictures from the previous post, my how she's grown! What a sweet little thing!! God Bless! Hartzler Family

FHL said...

Joyce, that's awesome! We still pray for Gracie and are hoping that she will be completely healed some day soon.

Hugs and I hope your family is having a wonderful homeschooling year!!!