Saturday, September 22, 2007

EEG & MRI Scheduled

We got the EEG & the MRI scheduled for next Tuesday. Poor Gracie can't eat anything for 6 hours before her MRI and that's going to be hard for her as it will be day 7 of her current cycle and that's the day she usually really starts eating again. Pray that our day will go smoothly and that we will get some answers.

Her pediatrician called yesterday and told me that it's starting to look like this might be a metabolic disorder. They are thinking that the next step is to send us to Seattle to see a specialist in metabolic disorders and that she probably has one that is very rare. That would be why they don't know much about it.

Please pray that this will happen soon, that we will find an answer and that there will be something they can do about it. We don't feel like we can continue like this with her getting sick every other week. My concern is that she will not grow properly if she continues to gain and lose weight. She has not made very much progress in her weight since we got her in February. But she is growing taller and her feet are growing as well.

We are hopeful that we may find some answers and are glad that the doctors are continuing to look for things. They agree with us that we need to get to the bottom of this and for the first time last week I felt validated by the doctor about how hard this has been to manage. It has taken a major toll on our family. Austin didn't want to go to his youth group on Wednesday night because he was afraid he might start crying. Poor guy. I know this is hardest on Gracie and my heart continually aches for her that she has had to live with this for so long. Mommies are supposed to stop the things that are hurting their babies and I can't do that for her. It makes my heart hurt to look into her eyes that are pleading with me to make it stop. I hope she get's it somehow that I am doing everything I can to help her. I can hardly stand to think that she spent so much time in the orphanage uncomforted when she was sick.

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort...

Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity...?
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[o] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm printing this post to share with our Sunday School class tomorrow! We'll all be praying!

Denise said...

Joyce,
We are praying for you all as you continue to search for answers. Thanks for posting an update - Gracie has been on my mind lately. I wish we were closer and could help you out.

Denise, George and EmmiGrace

Jenny Wheelis said...

Joyce,
We are also praying for you from the corners of the earth! So wish to just hug you and pray with you... Gracie has been on my heart lately and I was glad to read some of the latest news so we know how to focus our prayers.