Sunday, July 06, 2008

Block Party

The Block Party was a lot of fun. I was so busy, I forgot to take pictures.

We had 5 families show up and 3 of the families had 6 children. That was pretty amazing. I don't know too many people who have 6 children. I guess I do now.

I spent most of the day making a loaded baked pototo salad and juicing watermellon for a watermellon and lime punch. I didn't really like the way it turned out and didn't expect it to be too popular but we hardly had any left ~ so I guess people liked it.

It was too bad that our neighbor across the street had such a bad day. (Story below). I really wanted her to be more a part of the party, but she was not in a good mood so she didn't feel much like socializing. She came over for a little while, but just wasn't real happy. She was going to bring a grill and put together a few games. Oh well. Since it started raining about 2 hours into the event, we would not have been able to play games anyway.

My boys had two friends come over for the weekend too, so I had 5 boys in my house this weekend. Wow! They eat a lot of food! But I told the boys that it was amazing that we had so many kids in the house this weekend and I hardly even noticed. They were so good and so quiet for the most part.

The 4th of July was a blast too (no pun intended). We went to some friends house for a BBQ and then came back to our house for the big blowup. I think you might as well just throw a few hundred dollar bills out there and light them on fire and it would be the same thing, but my boys absolutely LOVE and I mean LOVE blowing up those fireworks. So whatever floats your boat.

Shirley and I stayed in the house and visitted this year. We had a good excuse because Gracie needed to go to bed. She slept through all the banging and blowing up. Can you believe it?

So another 4th of July behind us and I'm tired but overjoyed that my kids had such a great weekend. There's just something about watching your kids have a good time that brings so much joy to your heart, even if you are doing something you don't necessarily like to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys! We were just reading through your blog. Looking at the pictures of your family-especially that beautiful little girl of yours! You have all been in our prayers-How is she doing these days?
I posted some pictures of Maggie today. She's a cutie pie and just such a blessing.
Jennifer, Scott and Maggie Shartzer

Anonymous said...

That punch sounded good! The pants video is hilarious!