Monday, July 07, 2008

This video speaks for itself....

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together.Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' to.For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to undo me? I can't even see to reply. That was breathtaking...Beautiful!

Sherri said...

Thank you for posting this. We adopted a little girl last year who is missing her left arm entirely. I need to see things like this!

Sherri

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Wow! I am speechless, in tears and just so moved. Thank you for posting this. That was just beautiful!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Hey there. you asked me who designed my blog (The Nuthouse). It was designed by Heather over at Digging a hole to China. She did such an amazing job! Thanks for stopping by my blog...stop by anytime. I love meeting new people : )

redmaryjanes said...

I have seen this man and his son several times and I just ball like a baby. Truly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Joyce,

Some of my very favorite people in all of Blogland visited you on this one!