Monday, March 12, 2007

Back in the hospital.....

March 12, 2007

Well, it's back in the hospital for us. Sorry, I forgot to bring the camera.

Gracie started throwing up on Friday and was dehydrated again by Saturday afternoon. It's really hard to keep a baby hydrated when they are throwing up every 10 to 20 minutes.

They have run tons of tests on her blood, urine and stools and they did a GI study of her small intestines and upper bowls yesterday. They had to put a tube down her nose to her stomach to get the barium in there so they could see what was going on. (Sorry to be so descriptive, but it's the reality right now). They didn't find any blockage or narrowing of the intestines but did find that she was very constipated. So we are working on getting that taken care of now. I will spare you the details on that.

We are still a little unsure as to when we will be leaving the hospital. It's Monday mid-morning right now and Gracie is still very lethargic and obviously not feeling well. Her blood pressure has been high and that is a real concern but they think it's because she is in pain and under so much stress. She is choosing to kind of disconnect with the world to deal with the pain and that is heart wrenching for me. She doesn't cry in pain like most babies would and that make me cry. It's pretty obvious she has dealt with stuff like this before. I'm bummed that the orphanage didn't give us more information regarding this.

Thanks for all your prayers.

J, A, D, M, A & G

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying now and will keep praying. The Lord bless you and keep and may His face shine upon you and give you peace forever.

Lord, please just wrap your loving arms around everyone in the Kvalivk family and give them Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Please guide the doctors to help find out what is troubling precious Gracie, and Lord, please just touch her and heal her in Jesus' name. Please give her a joyful heart. I thank You so much for this family and all they do for You and Your kingdom. Please just bless them abundantly. Thank You for blessing them with the opportunity to bring Gracie into their family and love her and raise her in Your truth and love. I jsut lift them continuously up to You.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

Please don't ever hesitate to call on your First Class Family for help. My thoughts and prayers are behind you. I am willing to do what ever I can to help.

God bless!

Prayers,

Niki Strano

Samantha said...

Joyce - Just remember that you are surrounded by people that are lifting you up in prayer right now. You are not alone in this, so don't be shy about reaching out :-) I can say this because I know how hard it is to do!! I love you and will help however I can, but know that I am continually praying, and know that God has brought Gracie to you for a very specific purpose...in your life as well as hers, and she is completely blessed to have you for her mommy! This is a lot to handle, and I know you are tired. I am confident that God will continue to give you the strength you need each day (and each minute!) and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help! Just a phone call away...
:-) Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce and Allen,

I just checked in to see what was new with Gracie and her family. My heart if aching for you all. We will be praying for Gracie and for you! I am so sorry that this is happening-God is faithful and has his perfect hand on Gracie. We love you guys and will continue to pray-God Bless-

Love,
The Bradys-Lee,Tami,Savannah,Alyx, and Graci

Our Journey said...

Please know that we have you all in our prayers right now. We just thought we'd stop by your blog to see if you had a quick update and my heart sank when I read your post! I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this! We're thinking of you often - let us know how things are going! God Bless - Mike, Melissa & Anne Marie

Anonymous said...

We are praying for Gracie and your family. We have a Great God!! I pray for strength for you all. I pray He will touch her and heal her in Jesus Name! Miss you guys and I know she will feel better soon.

Allyson, David, Arden and Boys