March 14, 2007
My good friend Amy is in China right now getting her little girl and I was just on her blog. She has been posting some very beautiful things about what it is like to do what we have done in adopting these little girls. I just loved the post below. It so thoroughly describes exactly how I feel about Gracie. If you would like to read it, the link is below. I would encourage you to do so. It is so touching...
Nesting For Natalie: Knowing What I Know Now#links
We just want everyone to know how much we appreciate your prayers for Gracie and us. We are feeling those prayers and are so thankful to have our Rock to stand on when everything feels so scary and unknown around us. We have been overwhelmed with e-mails and comments on our blog of support and offerings of prayers for us and we can't express how much that means. Thank you all and we are sending hugs right back to you. I apologize if we do not respond to all the e-mails, but please know that they mean so much.
Not a whole lot has changed with Gracie today except that she is sorta starting to ask for food. Allen had a hamburger this morning that she was eyeing and pointing at. We gave her a few bites of the bread and a couple drinks of juice and then she wanted some of my smoothie. So I gave her a few bites of that. A few minutes later a lot of it came back up, but at least she is hungry. She hasn't been hungry - so I guess that's progress. The thyroid test came back normal but we still have not seen the results from the other tests. She seems to be getting cleaned out which will help us figure out if the constipation is what's causing the nausea and vomitting. Again, I apologize for being so graphic in my explaination, but I figure if your on our blog, you are probably interested in all that - so there you go. They are going to do some more testing which I need to get more info on soon. More on that later....
Thanks again for your prayers and we will let you know when we get more test results.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Joyce,
Thanks for sharing Amy's words with us. What a blessing. And yes, I can see that it expresses what you also went through.
I know that what you are now going through is not what you had planned or hoped for. But God knows and is in it all. Gracie was His first!
You are in my prayers. I love you,
Patti
Just wanted to let you know that the Miller family (Kylie's parents) from travel group 121 are watching and praying!
Ian, Kristi, & Kylie Miller
Joyce,
Thank you!
Amy
Post a Comment