Thursday, February 08, 2007

Major Break-through!!

Allen had Gracie absolutely cracking up tonight. He found a game that she loves and she belly laughed until she fell asleep. It was so funny - it was like she saved up all her giggles for us. I don't think I've ever enjoyed listening to someone laugh as much as this.....




She literally went from cracking up to falling asleep. It was so funny. She must have laughed off and on for a good solid hour at least. Wow!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

I find myself magnetically drawn to your website every morning. It's like a really good book, or...gulp... a soap opera! :) I love being a part of this journey along with you, rejoicing with you at Gracie's breakthroughs, gaining a better understanding about God's mission for us in this world. Wow! I think everyone that reads this blog wants to adopt from China now! :) Thank you for allowing us the privilege of tagging along with you and being a part of this awesome experience! Love, Sharon (Darren & Amanda too)

Anonymous said...

What an incredible experience and we feel like we've been tucked into your luggage for an awesome tag along - I log onto my computer before my first cup on coffee. I personally feel like my life has been changed through your experience - Thanks for taking us along. Gracie is a beautiful doll and looks awesome in pink ! ! ! ! ! Seeing Gracie laughing is so cleansing. We love you guys, Bill & Corky

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome to see the changes in Gracie's demeanor in the course of just a few days... no more "sad lip"! Behold the power of God using you guys to shine light into this little girl's life.
--PEA

Anonymous said...

To see Gracie light up and giggle is what we've prayed to see. What a beautiful smile! Joyce, we'll be meeting for Bible Study in just an hour, and I know you guys and Gracie will be the "hot topic" of the day. Know that you are all in our prayers. Can't wait for you to be back with us.
Keep laughing! Patti

Nesting For Natalie said...

What a beautiful smile. She lights up the page!!!!

Guys, I am glad you are having such a fabulous experience, but Joyce, I miss you!!! Can't wait to see you all together!!

Hugs to your little Gracie!

Amy

Samantha said...

Good gracious, I'm crying a lot lately! These pictures are so good to see...and I continue to be so happy for you. I can't wait to see you!

Joyce - can you give us a shutterfly link to these pictures...I am saving them to my folder so I can access all the pictures...just when you have a minute!

I miss you so much, and can't wait to see you all!!

Love, Sam

Anonymous said...

Allen and Joyce, we've been praying for you but haven't kept up on the blog sight and so forgive us for not being up to date on the China trip. However, now that I've read through your notes and looked at the pictures of your beautiful baby girl and felt tears well up for the joy you are experiencing and of being "ruined" I feel very honored to be able to keep praying for your wonderful family of six and the transition period for Gracie and the boys getting used to each other. God has and will continue to bless and challenge you and you will grow so much. Praise God for the people you are and the people He will make you become for His Glory! It's like watching a garden grow and seeing new buds sprout and knowing that the full bloom will be unimaginably (is that a word?) beautiful. God bless you, friends! Lots of love and prayers, Kelly and Jon Casebeer

Unknown said...

Beauty! Praise the Lord.
Sooz & Dan Cowan

Anonymous said...

We are loking forward to seeing her- I feel like I am being blessed by watching your blessings unfold as well as Tanya's I know we are having fun with MinTian. It is so true that you want to change everything about who you are and what you have... The small things- like kisses from little girls (okay so those are huge when they have only known you for a few days!!!), Little girl smiles and giggles, the little daily breakthru's that you only have when bonding with an older baby, the time when you are not in the room and they see you come in and the whole worls is happy.... someone inviting you to have tea with them, a smile, a villager trying to show you their best by inviting you to lunch and serving a 10 course honorary meal.... you see that the things in life are not things...... but people. I have kept you in prayer while we are all over here and Since I saw you last week you climbed the wall, seen some very long history, been touched by lives in the villages,and best of all have become hugely blessed by a little life God created just for you. There may be some who say the child was matched to you by someone's magic in an office somewhere- but we all know where the true "magic" is! I am so excited to see her (and you too) here in Guangzhou in the next couple of days- have a safe flight here- and I will be looking for you at breakfast! I will be sure to tell everyone at fridayschool exactly how cute she is while I am still on China time!!! blessings and see you SOON!!
~amity candee~
p.s over here this site is all in chinese!! haha let's see how well I can figure it out!!

Anonymous said...

You've truly been given a most wonderful gift from God. Gracie is such a beautiful baby and I can't wait to meet her. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It warms my heart to see the smiles on your faces and in your eyes. I know you'll come away from China with much more than sweet Gracie. Your words and pictures are inspiring, can't wait for your next posting! You're in our prayers. Anne Nieto (Ron & Jesse too)

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of a child's belly laugh, but to have her laugh with you for the first time must have been such a joy! Laughter is a universal language! We can't wait to see all of you. I saw Amity's comments and find it somehow comforting to know that you are all over there together, Hi Amity if you see this! Our prayers are with you all as you have this amazing experience! Kelsi Pollard & family

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl, am looking forward to meeting this precious gift. Praises for answered prayer. James and Carla