2/16/07 China time - 2/15/07 Vancouver time
Gracie's cold took a turn for the worse tonight and she is running a fever of 102. She is very ill. She was very limp and very tired tonight. We took her to the medical clinic in our hotel and the Dr. advised us to go ahead and give her the antibiotics our Dr. sent with us. She also gave us some other meds that we don't really feel comfortable giving her because we have no idea what they are and with the language barrier, it was really hard to understand. There were 8 other babies in our group that had pnemonia, so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Poor baby.
We could be in for a long night and we are packing to get ready to go tomorrow. Please pray for Gracie and that we all get some sleep tonight and pray that she will be healthy enough to travel on Sunday.
2/17/07 China time - 2/16/07 Vancouver time
UPDATE: Thanks for your prayers. It was a very long night with Gracie waking up every 1/2 hr. to 45 minutes, but her fever broke this morning finally and she is sleeping peacefully. Too bad mom and dad can't experience that. She threw up a couple of times last night too, so the bathroom is draped with wet rinsed towels, pajamas and t-shirts. Bummer! It's so humid here, I bet those won't be drying out anytime soon. Oh well, at least we didn't have any trips to the hospital last night. Thanks again for your prayers.
We were talking and decided that this is why we had to stay two extra days longer than we wanted to. If we would have flown home yesterday when the rest of our group did, we would have had a very sick little girl on the airplane. We are going to bring an extra set of clothes regardless when we travel tomorrow. She's still not completely out of the woods. Still very weak and limp. Poor thing. Keep praying for a complete recovery before we leave.
Thank you again for all your kind comments on our blog. It has really helped us feel connected to home.
See you all soon! Love, Joyce & Allen & Gracie
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Lord,
I want to pray forlittle Gracie, and Joyce and Allen.I pray Father that you would bring healing to Gracie. That you would give Allen and Joyce the strength they need for the rest of their journey. I pray that you would bring all of them home safely!
In Jesus name, I ask all of this.Amen
I have been and continue to pray! I pray that you all travel smoothly and safely...that it is an uneventful trip home, and that you will NOT need the extra change of clothes you are bringing along! :-)
I can't wait to give Gracie some hugs and kisses, and to hug both of you again too! Your journey has been such a blessing to so many, and I can hardly believe we'll be seeing you (finally!) in just a few days.
Be safe, and know you are being carried home by all the prayers of your friends and family...we love you!
Love, Sam
I echo Natalie's prayer. Gracie...and both of you... have been on my heart and in my prayers continuously. I'm glad that she is better and pray that by the time you leave she will be well and blowing kisses to her birth land as you board your plane for home.
See you soon. Patti
You have beenin my thoughts & prayers continuously - praying for Gracie's health and your rest - glad to hear she is feeling better and pray for those smiles to greet everyone on the plane. Have a save and quick trip home - see you soon. Love, Corky
Allen and Joyce- Praying for Gracie and you as you prepare to return home. Healing and rest...
Julie Cole
Dear Ones,
We're continuing to pray for you ~ and we'll add Gracie's health as we think of you today. We're so excited to see you all again. I have to say I spoke to ONE of your SONS (who shall remain nameless) at Friday School ~ he indicated something about having "too much fun" while you're so far away ... :) Looks as if you are ALL being well-cared for via our Father and your extended family in Christ!
We're praying for you, and will continue as you fly home. His grace will carry you, our dear friends. We love you!
Blessings and see you soon!
Jay, heidi and the gang
I pray you are all home safe by now and can't wait for everyone to get settled in so we can visit. I pray you all continue day by day with the assurance of being held by the Father. Thanks for all the pictures of the journey, they have touched my heart and I love you all so. Love Erin
Post a Comment