Well, we got Gracie today. We are so overwhelmed with thankfulness! We can't believe we finally have her. She is so beautiful to us. Words cannot express how wonderful this is. We are truly amazed. Here is another link to shutterfly where you can see a slide show of our day. Gracie cried (no screamed) for the first 1/2 hour at least. It was so sad. The pictures you see of her in the hotel room were funny too. She just sat there on the bed and didn't move. She did not smile at all. Then we gave her a bath and she warmed right up to us. Not many smiles yet, but at least she is not looking so sad. When we put her to bed tonight, she laid right down in her bed and went to sleep. No complaining, no crying, nothing. Oh, it makes my heart hurt.
Okay, now I need to go to bed. This has been a very big day for all of us.
Thank you for all your prayers. They are truly being felt.
Thank you God for our little Gracie!
13 comments:
I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. Tears of joy for a long awaited moment. Tears of heartache for a little girl who doesn't quite know what is going on. And tears of excitement at what the future holds for the Kvalvik family and little Gracie. She is so beautiful. Our prayers are constantly with you. Patti & Lee
How precious! Thank you so much for creating this blog so that we can celebrate this awesome, joyous occasion with you! I can't stop looking at the pictures. Maybe it's because you've waited so long for this day, (and at times it seems as though it would never arrive), and the pictures substantiate the reality that you're all really, truly finally together. Praise God! Love, Darren, Sharon & Amanda
We are crying!!! She's GORGEOUS! We're sending this information out to First Class ~ what an amazing event. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Congratulations and Glory to the ONE who created Gracie!
Ourlove
The St. Johns
Words cannot express what I am feeling right now with tears in my eyes. The little girl that all of us fell in love with and she had no idea the love that awaited her. Our God is truly good. Joyce you are sparkling like a new mom. She is beautiful - another great miracle from God. Oh yes, Allen, Bill said "cool hat"!!! Corky
Real men don't cry, right?
Well, I must not be a real man ... I am so touched by the pictures and by your journey ... I am so happy for you and Gracie ... now excuse me while I get another kleenex.
Will
OOOOoooooooHHHHHHHHHHHH!
My goodness. What a beautiful, sweet, precious, little face your baby girl, Gracie, has! You guys, I am so happy for you. To see you WITH her! I am sitting here just in tears. What an amazing journey has brought you on so that you might have a daughter, a she has you> Our God is good! I am so excited to think of what joy the years willhold for you and your Grace. Many blessings, my dear frinds!
Amy
Well, there seems to be a theme here...I too, have tears running down my face! I love you all so much, and feel so overcome with emotion. It is really wonderful to see you holding Gracie after all these months of praying...it is amazing. God is so good. Thank-you for sharing this experience and testimony of God's faithfulness. Joyce...the picture of you holding Gracie on the bus (at least I think that's a bus) is beautiful, and when you are looking at her on the bed and holding her bottle I can see your patience and gentle love shining through. You have so much ahead of you, and I can't wait to meet her in person. God bless you all...enjoy every moment! All my love, Sam
I have looked at the pictures of you and Gracie 10 times today! And I cry every time! I have never seen such a beautiful child. Our hearts are with you, in happiness, and sorrow. We are thanking God for the amazing blessing He has bestowed upon your family. Isn't He jsut wonderful. We will be praying for you guys as you travel back home to unite the rest of your family with Gracie. I cannot put into words how excited we are for you!!! REALLY!!! Praise God!
Hugs! Niki Strano
From Friday School
I haven't followed your journey over the years, since we've just met this year, but I am moved by this miracle in your life! What a sweet and beautiful baby Gracie is! I am tearing up also, looking at these pictures and thinking of the joy you both must be feeling, holding your treasure from God! We will pray that her adjustment will go quickly and smoothly and you will soon see her unhinibited, joyful smile! And we'll pray that the rest of your journey goes well for you and for your boys waiting for you back home!
Stacie Townsend and family
Congratulations!
Can't wait to meet her at Friday School:) I am so happy for you all! She is getting a wonderful family. Have a safe trip home!
Byerly Family
Congratulations on your new daughter!!! She's beautiful! We can't wait to see and all of you after yo get home. We'll continue to pray for your safe return.
The Stalford's
So cute and wonderfull, you are in our prayers!!! Thank you for sharing these first moments with all of us!! I can't believe it and can't wait for you to come home!!!!Love Will, Kelsi, Dori, Libbie and Stanley
Yahoo!
Your lives are being enriched by His Grace and by His Gracie. We'll be praying for the bonding of all your hearts together.
Much love,
Bill & Diana Waring
Post a Comment